Andrew Gately represents both individuals and businesses in civil and criminal litigation throughout the country. His practice has focused primarily on complex, document intensive cases. Areas of practice include business, construction, real estate, employment, antitrust, telecommunications, personal injury and criminal law. For over 25 years Mr. Gately has successfully represented clients in front of juries, judges, mediators and arbitrators. He has significant experience in state-of-the art multi-media presentations. Andrew received his juris doctor from Boston College Law School, and his B.S. from the University of Missouri. Andrew is admitted to the bars of the state and federal courts of Massachusetts, Missouri and Kansas.
Examples of Cases:
- Co-counsel in $100 million dollar suit by telecommunications sales agent against major U.S. carrier in U.S. District Court of Massachusetts (including appeal to First Circuit);
- Co-trial counsel in four-week, $250 million telecommunications arbitration in Missouri;
- Co-counsel on $30 million antitrust case in Massachusetts federal court;
- Represented nationwide jeweler in lawsuit against software company for faulty inventory control software, resulting in successful settlement in mediation;
- Class action co-counsel for long-distance customers defrauded by major U.S. carrier.
- Lead attorney responsible for preparation of plaintiff’s case for three-week jury trial in San Francisco resulting in $125 million verdict for contractor client against surety (7th largest verdict in U.S. in 1993);
- Trial counsel for six-week trial in North Carolina bankruptcy court involving claim by contractor against surety;
- Successfully litigated and settled large construction claim involving structural steel erection on South Station expansion project in Boston;
- Lead attorney in 23 party construction litigation in Kansas state court involving numerous alleged building defects, obtained favorable settlement for general contractor client;
- Lead counsel for all discovery and co-trial counsel for two week jury trial resulting in $1 million judgment for Massachusetts contractor;
- Represented contractor in suit alleging numerous building defects in Georgia hotel;
- Defended multi-million dollar claim against retaining wall contractor in Texas, reaching favorable settlement for contractor;
- Successful representation of contractor clients in numerous bid protests;
- Obtained six figure settlement for former employee wrongfully discharged for exercising worker’s compensation rights;
- Successfully brought suit against client’s former employee who took trade secrets and customer list from client; obtained confidential documents back as well as favorable financial settlement;
- Successfully represented corporate officers in dispute over control of non-profit corporation, including obtaining injunction on behalf of corporate client prohibiting former employee from acting as authorized representative of client.
- Successful representation of both plaintiffs and defendants in numerous personal injury actions.
- Successful representation of targets of investigation and defendants charged with criminal activity in numerous cases.
Andrew resides in Newton, MA with his wife, Carrie, and their six children. When not working, he can usually be found coaching youth sports teams in football, basketball, baseball and soccer.
Contact Andrew Gately via email at firstname.lastname@example.org